Stuff we like
- BAexpats – Don’t ask strangers on the streets of Buenos Aires for directions or advice, ask this group of chatty expats.
- Google Maps – You might have heard of that one.
- Google Translate – Because asking for a toilet while pointing to your junk gives you no street credit.
- Matrix 2 – Get an idea of how badly you are being screwed by your travel agent.
- Numbeo - Compare the cost of living between major cities of the world; food, transport, living expenses and the average wage.
- Project Gutenberg – First eBook publisher. No fee or registration required. Quality stuff for the literate panhandler.
- Topomapper – Topographic maps from all over the world. Free.
- XE – Currency converter. Fast, accurate, and up to date. Like a Chinese accountant on Ritalin.
- WWOOF – Information exchange for volunteer workers on organic farms. Because if the world collapses, those avocado growing skills are going to come in real handy.
- Pebble Pedalers - Cyclists raising awareness of and garnering support for the protection of the Bristol Bay Watershed from the largest proposed open pit mine in North America.
- Zapp Family – Ten years later and four passengers added, the Zapp family continue to roll. Truly inspiring tale for us wannabe travellers.